Chicago is a city with a lot of culture and history. So it’s no surprise that many tattoo shops in the city have their unique style. Moreover, Each one has its specialties, so you’re sure to find the perfect shop for your new tattoo.
If you want to find the best one for your needs, then keep reading! There are plenty more amazing artists who will turn any idea into reality and make it feel like an extension of yourself. There’s no wrong answer when getting inked up here because everyone has something different that makes them special enough to draw and act as art himself.
Five things you need to know when giving your tattoo artist design ideas
- Tattoo artists prefer drawing original ideas instead of imitating someone’s design.
- New and bold ideas are preferred to the traditional ones; however, it is always better to go ahead with a traditional one when you are not aware of what you will look like with a weird tattoo on your body.
- Never make any permanent decisions in a drunken stupor, i.e., under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These substances numb your senses and make you do something stupid that can affect your life adversely later on, including disfiguring yourself by getting a wrong tattoo done over your body!
- Your artist will be able to take your concepts, combine them with their years of training and expertise, and turn them into something unique just for you!
- If you are not completely satisfied with the tattoo design created for you, it is always best to ask your artist about revisions.
Our Top Recommendations For Best Tattoo Parlors In chicago
Ink is a big part of Chicago culture, and the best tattoo shop in town will give you a work of art that you can be proud of. Whether you’re looking for a classic design or something more personalized, these shops will help you find the perfect tattoo to commemorate your time in the Windy City. With so numerous excellent choices to choose from, it can be tough to decide where to go, but we’ve got you covered. Check out our checklist of the best tattoo shops in Chicago!
- Tattoo Factory
- Taylor Street Tattoo
- Revolution Tattoo
- Tattoo Candy
- Butterfat Studio
- Chicago Ink Tattoo Studio
The Tattoo Factory is Chicago’s oldest continually run tattoo studio, with over 40 years of experience in the industry. They have been doing it better than anyone because they are committed to providing top-notch customer service and artistry for every client who walks through their doors! The Drink N’ Ink next door has been a great place for those looking to grab some drinks and watch others get tattooed. You can sit back, relax with your friends while watching them work on one screen or play video games!
- Phone: +1 773-989-4077
- Address: 4441 N Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640
- Website Address : www.tattoofactory.com
Taylor Street Tattoo
Taylor Street Tattoo is a Chicago-based tattoo studio founded by Keith Underwood and Mike “Rollo Banks” Malone in 2009. The company has ties to the artist Sailor Jerry, who mentored them both before they moved from Hawaii. This tattoo parlor is the place to go if you want a custom design and feel adventurous. You can either walk-in for immediate service or book an appointment with them ahead of time. The Taylor St. Tattoo studio is the perfect place for people who want their tattoos done classic yet modern with an affordable price tag attached.
- Phone: +1 312-455-8288
- Address:1150 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60607
- Website Address : www.taylorsttattoo.com
The Revolution Tattoo studio is a colorful, creative space welcoming to all. Both artists and clients will feel at home with its warm environment filled with greenery for an even more homelike feeling! Owners Omar Gutierrez and Cheri Basak opened this shop in 2004, so they could provide friendly service no matter what your heritage or gender identity might be–and we couldn’t hope for anything better than being welcomed into such a caring community on arrival. Their Instagram has been quite popular for posting great tattoo designs. This is because they listen to every idea you have, and if the process isn’t painful enough, their team will take breaks along the way until your desired design comes about!
- Phone: 773-486-8888
- Address:2221 N Western Ave Chicago
- Website Address : http://revolutiontattoo.net/
Tattoo Candy is a unique tattoo shop that offers custom-only designs from noon to midnight, seven days per week. You’ll feel like you’ve walked into your eccentric friend’s house with all of the homey decorations and plants inside! The website is simple and easy to navigate, with social media full of beautiful designs. The tattoo artist’s work looks stunning; it can provide great ideas for your next ink! They’re the artists that can do it all! From American traditional to dot work, black and grey cartoon,- these guys are truly masters of their craft.
- Phone: 773-283-8880
- Address:3460 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago
- Website Address : https://www.tattoocandy.com
The most popular Chicago tattoo studio has an awaiting list, with over 111K followers. However, it can be not easy to reach them all, and many may never reply if you DM or email their inboxes. The tattoos are beautiful and well-drawn. You can see that each one has healed perfectly as if they were made for the person it represents; there’s nothing better than having your dream tattoo come true by someone who truly cares about their work! The tattoos are a mix between vintage and modern with floral patterns. Some of them even have retro touches to them!
- Address: NA
- Website Address : http://www.butterfatstudios.com/
Chicago Ink Tattoo Studio
Chicago Ink Tattoo & Body Piercing is home to several of the most skilled and experienced tattooers in the business and Chicago Ink artists, who exhibit only the finest levels of skill and care. They constantly innovate with new tools and strategies to enhance their skills, give useful information to their clients, and maintain a lifelong interest in promoting home-grown artists and foreign influences. In addition, they recognize that body modification is a question of personal taste, and as a result, they make promises to help you navigate any circumstance with confidence. The late-night open studio is the perfect place to get custom tattoos if you want your personality reflected in every piece. The tattoo artists here have a team of talented individuals, including body piercers and cosmetic practitioners!
- Phone: 773-777-9663
- Address: 5415 W Irving Park Rd Chicago & 3200 N Milwaukee ave. Chicago
- Website Address : https://www.chicagoinktattoo.com
Chicago is known for its deep-rooted history in the arts. There’s no better way to commemorate your time here than with a piece of ink. We hope you found the information useful and that we’ve given you some great ideas for your next tattoo! Whether you’re looking to get a new design or want help with an old one, Chicago Tattoo Shop is happy to provide services. Additionally, if you live in San Antonio or Dallas, we have covered you.