The rotary tattoo machine is the most popular machine professional tattoo artists use today. It is a device that pierces the skin to create a tattoo. The machine punctures the skin with a needle that moves up and down quickly to inject ink into the dermis. It consists of a needle bar that holds the needles, a motor that rotates the needles, and a power supply that provides power to the motor. While the rotary tattoo machine is very effective at creating tattoos, it can also pose a risk of infection if it is not properly sterilized between each use. When the needle punctures the skin and comes into contact with blood and other bodily fluids, these fluids can contain bacteria or viruses. If they aren’t properly removed from the equipment, they might be passed on to the next user, resulting in an infection. However, today, we’ll learn more about How To Clean A Rotary Tattoo Machine More Effectively.
Cleaning Rotary Tattoo Machine Kit:
While discussing cleansing a rotary tattoo machine, it is important to understand that there is more to the cleaning. Let’s take an example of your house; although keeping yourself is very important, you must also take proper care of your surrounding environment and house. Such is the case with a rotary tattoo machine kit. These kits essentially act as a house of the tattoo designing machine, meaning we must keep them clean and tidy.
Following are a few things to keep in mind while you are cleaning the tattooing kit:
- A tattoo kit is usually assembled professionally by the manufacturers. When you use it a few times, the tattoo ink stains, blood, or any other impurity could affect the cleanliness of the kit. So, it’s better to disassemble the tattooing kit as per instructions and guidelines given by experts.
- While dissecting the parts of the tattooing kit, it’s important to keep safety and hygiene in mind. We aim to clean the tattooing kit while avoiding any unwanted incidents safely. So, be more focused, gentle, and alert while cleaning the kit.
- Most rotary tattoo machine kit equipment is electronic, so it’s best to avoid pouring water or other liquids. The best way is to use a small brush, paper towel, and disinfectant to remove any ink or blood marks from the kit.
- Ask a professional and categorize the equipment that can be cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner. Once you have separated the fragile and sensitive parts of the tattoo kit, you can start cleaning each piece of equipment with an ultrasonic cleaner by the prescribed method.
- Lastly, once you have reassembled the kit, you should note the cleaning details for the next session and store the rotary machine kit in a dry, clean, and more suitable place.
How To Clean Your Rotary Tattoo Machine – A Step-by-Step Guide
To clean a rotary tattoo machine, you will need to disassemble the machine and soak all of the parts in a disinfectant. Next, you should rinse the parts with distilled water and dry them before reassembling the machine.
Let’s look at each step’s detail to make this guide more helpful for you.
The first step in cleaning your rotary tattoo machine is to disassemble it and soak all parts in a hospital-grade disinfectant.
To do this, you will need a screwdriver and an Allen wrench. Next, start disassembling by removing the back cover, front spring cover, front binding post, rear binding post, armature bar clamp screw, and rotary housing cap screws.
Once the parts have been removed, soak them in a hospital-grade disinfectant for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Related: Rotary Vs Coil Tattoo Machine 2024
Cleaning The Needle and Other Parts
After soaking the machine parts in disinfectant, it is important to rinse them off with distilled water. It will remove any residual disinfectant that could be harmful to the skin.
Once the parts have been rinsed, dry them with a lint-free cloth. Be sure to pay special attention to the needles, as they should be completely dry before being used again.
It’s also critical to sterilize the needles before each use. To do this, boil them in water for at least 10 minutes.
Reassembling the machine
It’s time to reassemble the rotary tattoo machine after all the parts have been sterilized and dried.
To do this:
- Begin by screwing the rotary housing back onto the machine.
- Replace the armature bar clamp screw and screw on the rear binding post.
- Screw on the front binding post and replace the front spring cover.
- Attach the back cover of the machine.
- Reconnect the power supply and turn it on to test for proper function.
Your rotary tattoo machine is now ready to be used. Be sure to sterilize the needles before each use by boiling them in water for at least 10 minutes.
Tips For Keeping Your Rotary Tattoo Machine Clean:
As a tattoo artist, keeping your rotary tattoo machine clean is important. Not only does this aid in preventing infection, but it also ensures that your tattoo machine runs smoothly. Here are some tips to keep your rotary tattoo machine clean:
- Use a rotary tattoo machine cleaning solution and a soft cloth to clean the exterior of your machine after each use.
- Use a brush or rotary tattoo machine cleaning solution to clean the interior of your machine
- Replace or sterilize your rotary tattoo machine needles after each use.
- Never share your rotary tattoo machine with anyone else.
- When not in use, keep your rotary tattoo machine in a clean and dry place.
- Disassemble and soak all of the parts of the machine in disinfectant at least once a week.
These ideas can assist you in maintaining your rotary tattoo machine clean and ready to use at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It’s pretty easy to cleanse the tattoo needles if you have the proper equipment around. Beware that disposable tattoo needles are not meant to be reused, and you should dispense them. However, some professional reusable tattoo needles can be sanitized. But how to clean tattoo needles easily; use an ultrasonic cleaner to disinfect the equipment from blood and possible infections. Afterward, rinse it with clean water and dry it with a paper towel. Finally, use the medical-grade sterile autoclave to do the final cleansing.
Some highlighted qualities in the best soap to clean tattoos make cleaning easier. It should be gentle on the healing skin, it should not have a strong fragrance, the harsh chemicals should not be present in the ingredients, and it should be effective against the harming of infections and weather conditions. Regardless of the qualities of your soap for tattoos, it’s better to consult any expert or doctor before using it. If the aftercare routine is consistent and optimum, you will avoid infection, and the tattoo will be vibrant and healthy.
You can find rotary tattoo machine cleaning solutions at most tattoo supply stores or online.
Now that you know how to clean your rotary tattoo machine keeping it in good condition is important to avoid any unwanted illnesses or problems. Always remember to disassemble the machine for cleaning and follow the tips we provided to get the best results. Keeping your machine clean will help ensure its longevity and maintain optimal performance.